Recipe made by Laurent Le Daniel,
Relais Desserts - St Jacques de la Lande, and Rennes (FRANCE).
Download the recipe
Crispy shortbread pastry :
- Unsalted fresh butter 300g
- Baked sweet dough 750g
Almond Génoise :
- Ground almonds 215g
- Caster sugar 215g
- Whole eggs 390g
- Flour 80g
- Baking powder 10g
- Unsalted fresh butter 125g
Lemongrass and Lemonbalm jelly :
- Water 330g
- Caster sugar 55g
- Lemongrass stick 8g
- Fresh lemon balm 2g
- Gelatine powder 8g
- Cold water 48g
Whipped lemongrass and lemon balm ganache :
- Single cream 685g
- Lemongrass stick 13g
- Fresh lemon balm 3g
- White chocolate (Ivory) 260g
Tayberry mousse :
- Tayberry fruit puree 1775g
- Lemon fruit puree 135g
- Gelatine powder 50g
- Cold water 300g
- Egg whites 265g
- Caster sugar 325g
- Whipped cream 675g
Crispy Shortbread pastry :
- Soften the butter. Add the baked sweet dough, mixed in powder.
- Spread the mass on a 40 x 60 cm silicone baking sheet and bake 15 minutes at 140°C. Freeze.
Almond génoise :
- Put the ground almonds, sugar and eggs in a mixer bowl.
- Cook in a double boiler at 45°C. Whisk to get a ribbon texture. Add the flour and baking powder sifted together.
- Take a little mass to mix with the melted butter and incorporate all in the initial mixture.
- Spread on a 40 x 60 paper sheet and bake 15 minutes at 180°C (convection oven).
- Paste this almond genoise on the crispy shortbread pastry with a little of jam.
Lemongrass and lemon balm jelly :
- Make a syrup with the water and sugar. Infuse lemongrass cut into small pieces and chopped lemon balm leaves. Let stand 30 minutes, then pass through a strainer. Add gelatine.
- Pour into 4 cm diameter silicone moulds (7g per mould) and freeze.
Whipped lemon grass and lemon balm ganache :
- Make the day before.
- Heat the cream. Infuse lemon grass and lemon balm.
- Pass through a strainer and pour over the white chocolate. Make an emulsion.
- Allow to cool. The next day, whip with the electric mixer.
- Put immediately on the lemongrass and lemon balm jelly (15g per mould) and freeze.
Tayberry mousse :
- Melt the gelatine. Add a little bit of puree. Mix well and add the remaining purees in several times.
- Make an Italian meringue with the egg whites and sugar cooked at 120°C.
- Put the whipped cream into the meringue and gently fold in the purees mixture. Use immediately.
Assembly and finishing :
- Upside down assembly.
- Put Tayberry mousse in circles (55g per small cake).
- Place the insert made of jelly and whipped ganache.
- Smooth with a biscuit cut at the right diameter. Freeze.
- Turn out, spray a neutral glaze with an electric spray gun, and put on top a macaroon of the same diameter and the same color as the Tayberry mousse.